ASSISTANT TO COMPANY MANAGER
About the Foundation
Mama Foundation for the Arts (MFA) was created to help re-establish Harlem as an artistic and cultural centerpiece of the world. MFA’s mission is to present, preserve, and promote gospel, jazz, and the R&B arts for current and future generations. MFA produces an Uptown Musical Theater scene of original musicals and concerts; provides free music education to youth ages 11 to 19 with its Gospel for Teens program; and maintains a highly active professional performance group, The Sing Harlem Choir. Featured on CBS 60 Minutes a total of 3 times, MFA continues to grow and bring audiences the best in African American music and entertainment in Harlem and across the country.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Support Individual Giving, record donations, distribute acknowledgment letters for Mama Foundation and Gospel for Teens
- Run errands as needed, periodically to post office and office supply store
- Provide support for social media updates
- Preparation of E-newsletter biweekly
- Assist in preparing for gigs and special performances for the Sing Harlem Choir
- Assist in contacting the press to distribute press releases and media alerts
- Answer calls from customers and field inquiries
- Support box office with ticket sales via OvationTix for musical productions
- Prepare and modify documents including reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Maintain office supplies for department
- Track orders or events related to Mama’s One Sauce
- Create and Process Invoices for Mama’s One Sauce
- Liaison between the artistic director, producers, cast, crew, and band.
- Maintain rehearsal and performance schedules, relaying necessary information to cast, band and crew.
- Responsible for cast, crew, and band sign-in sheets and supporting payroll administration weekly
- Motivated self-starter with superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 2 years administrative experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Mac and PC
- Experience with OvationTix a plus
- Interest in theater, music, and/or arts education preferred
This is an hourly position at 35 hours per week; Monday through Friday 11am-6pm, with occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Ryan Baker at email@example.com
Cover letter and resume must be submitted in the form of a single PDF document, with email subject line ASSISTANT TO COMPANY MANGER.
Submissions that are not in this format will not be reviewed.
No phone calls please.